Inputing Chinese

Robert F. Kennedy rfk-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 20 16:33:38 UTC 2003

Does anyone have any experience with inputting Chinese characters on
Linux?

My wife Catherine is from Taiwan and has been using W2K with Chinese and
was quite happy with it. Her computer had a weird problem and I had to
reinstall the OS so I thought I would put on RH 8.0.

Her demands were that it had a web browser - easy, a program for
watching TV - Xawtv (took some work but I got it), and finally that she
be able to input in Traditional Chinese for chat. The documentation for
this in English is quite sparse, I understand that Xcin can do the job
but I can't figure out how to use it.

If I don't get this soon, I'll have to put Windows back on her computer.
Thanks for any assistance.

Best,
Robert
Margueretta St.