GHOSTing Linux drives seems to have problems with the boot sector

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 19 17:30:08 UTC 2003

At 11:58 AM 07/30/2003 -0400, teddymills wrote:
 >GHOSTing Linux drive seems to have problems with the boot sector.
 >All the Linux and data gets ghosted ok, but the drives do not boot up
 >properly.

I am not sure what you mean by GHOSTing Linux. From the rest of the
messages related to this topic, it seems like you are trying to find a way
to have some redundancy in the data on your hard drive(s). Since you
already have one or more spare drives you want to use for the GHOSTing
operation, wouldn't it be easier and/or simpler to use the spare drives to
set up a RAID 1 (disk mirror) configuration? Then you won't have to worry
about boot sector problems, etc.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"