TLUG vs Sympatico

Drew Hamilton awh-z32R3RYGf1M at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 13 20:20:08 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 04:04:56PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> So as far as I can see it, you are either connected to the big DSLAM
> with everybody else in the area or you are not, and which provider you
> get depends on the PPPoE settings.  Otherwise why would you have to
> include the provider in the PPPoE settings at all?

I think that at least Sympatico is (or was) on different DSLAM hardware than
the other ISPs that use Nexxia are.  Something about the differences in
the implementation of ATM on the card.  I don't know much more than that,
as I'm not an expert.

So switching between Sympatico and a private ISP might indeed be
a problem, but switching between private ISP's should (as I will
find out firsthand on August 22nd).

 - awh