[GTALUG] cheap as dirt old notebooks

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Sep 27 00:55:54 EDT 2024

On 2024-09-26 23:31, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> The Dell Latitude 3310 looks a little tasty:
> <https://www.dellrefurbished.ca/item/dell-latitude-3310-no-os-000004/dell-latitude-3310-no-os/1.html>
>
> - $179 - 25% + shipping + tax (cheap as a Raspberry Pi 5 system)
> - OK CPU i5-8265U
> - Latitude line is a business line, so should be well made
> - only cosmetic grade B
> - no OS license.  But we have Linux
> - I'm guessing that it has an open SoDIMM slot to add a second 8G, but I
>    haven't   checked
> - screen resolution is only 1366 x 768
> - 100 day warrranty

The full specs are here:
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-tablets/13-2-in-1-3310/spd/latitude-13-3310-2-in-1-laptop

It mentions being able to have 16GB of RAM. Based on that page it only has a
single SODIMM slot.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | "Nerds make the shiny things that
                                     | distract the mouth-breathers, and
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          | that's why we're powerful"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick