[GTALUG] War story: Hardware bloat

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 13 15:01:17 EDT 2024

On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 03:56:48PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> That was part of the point I was making. Mine was a known brand (Acer) sold
> by Amazon (not an affiliate). Not only the off-brands have this problem.

I had a blackberry phone swell up about 8 or 9 years ago, and it was only
a few months old.  It was replaced under warranty and the replacement
never did that fortunately.

Remember the Samsung battery disaster from a few years ago?  The Note
7 I think it was in 2016.

Seems there were a lot of battery issues around 2015 and 2016.

--
Len Sorensen