[GTALUG] Linux and on line banking?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 18 19:12:04 EDT 2024

That speculation is incorrect.
For example, if a blind user is say one of those using a Braille display,
they will encounter the same issue, because a screen reader simply
provides  what is on the screen.  you have to use  the enter key.  Meaning
if the site is scripted to need a mouse click a screen reader cannot fix
that problem.
Nothing about adaptive technology firmly nor universally  insures access.
Buttons must work from the keyboard is the wcag rule.
besides there are close to a billion individuals on the planet
experiencing some degree of sight loss..they are not interchangeable for
one another.  there is no such thing as most blind people.