[GTALUG] Linux and on line banking?

Alex Kink alex at alexkink.com
Fri Oct 18 13:53:54 EDT 2024

> The heart of the web is the GUI browser.  Linux cannot change that.

This is well put. The web is meant for a conventional GUI browser. The text-based browsers are just doing a best approximation of what the site is so it can be shown in a terminal environment.

One can't go around and make claims that (and I'm summarizing/paraphrasing here) that the web developers are doing a crappy job (I get that bulk of the web is crap, but that's a different topic) by not making sure the site will work in a text-based browser.