[GTALUG] Linux and on line banking?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 17 23:58:21 EDT 2024

The alternative is to use the JavaScript  focused browsers, like LInks and
e-links, or even Lynx with the Java script focused keystrokes.
none of that matters though if a site  developer violates web  design.
It has nothing to do with blindness.  A paraplegic using a voice browser
is going to have the same issue.  come to consider, so might many with
learning disabilities, some of whom use screen readers too.
I truly respect the  body focus, but no matter how kind, that leads to
more barriers.  the discussion becomes, why are you not blind like..fill
in the blank.
I imagine TD has a single blind staff member for whom they bought specific
tools, say used chrome with oh hmm  talkback with is kind of sort of
google's screen reader.  whathappens though if the person needing to bank
is say using a voice browser instead?  Tools like that focus on standard key
function, no mouse clicking in that case either.
The body, no person's body is the issue.