[GTALUG] cheap as dirt old notebooks

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 18:05:56 EDT 2024

Bought a couple of these.
Cosmetically - - - dunno why its class b - - - they look in pretty good shape.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get  wlan0 running?

I've not had these problems in the past - - - just seems like its a bit goofy.
Its an intel made wireless setup and it needed regulatory.db installed
(that's not part of the normal install!).

I will try adding non-free and non-free-firmware to /etc/apt/sources.list to
see if that helps.

TIA