[GTALUG] home mail servers, was: static IPs are available with TekSavvy Fibre

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 22:47:48 EDT 2024

On Sat, 8 Jun 2024 at 22:12, Nick Accad <naccad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe there are two topics here, incoming and outgoing
>
> Even if the ISP allows incoming on port 25, they are more likely to block
> outgoing.
>
> In that case relaying your outgoing email through a third party could be
> the only option, I have been doing this for ages by using an account on
> mxroute.com, and I am sure there are other email providers that can be
> used as well.

Right. The IP Reputation is the king in outgoing mail delivery. If your IP
address comes from your provider's DHCP pool, don't bother. Your emails
from that IP address are going to end up in the spam folder.

Basically, for outgoing emails the choice is to either use a third party or
have a static IP address.