[GTALUG] Federal agency warns critical Linux vulnerability being actively exploited

CAREY SCHUG sqrfolkdnc at comcast.net
Tue Jun 4 10:42:12 EDT 2024

question still as a dummy.

I try not to open emails from anybody I don't know, hovering over the "from" if the subject is unexpected.

But sometimes the mail program jumps as I click, and I open something I did not intend to open.  Or a malfeasor might have intercepted an email I sent and crafted a reply from the person I sent it to.....or even have compromised their machine and added code to every email from them.

Could a script in an email exploit this?

I am not panicing, but I am concerned.

<pre>--Carey</pre>