[GTALUG] TLDs

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Jul 26 01:32:42 EDT 2024

I use a quick search tool at my registrar, rebel.com.

For any given string of characters, it will instantly check its
availability in many, many TLDs - generic ones and country ones being sold
as generics - and provide availability and pricing.
(including when a TLD marks a string as "premium" so the registry can earn
the speculation bonus instead of a reseller)

It just checks whether the domains are taken, not whether or how they're in
use. I know it's not CLI; you may get better results using `dig` than
`ping` or `whois` if going that route.

- Evan