[GTALUG] quoting email

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sun Jul 21 22:00:47 EDT 2024

On 2024-07-20 03:26, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> I've been using "| " to prefix each quoted line in email.
> I've done this since before "> " became a convention.
[snip]> I've just given up that fight.  The trouble is I confuse too many
> correspondents who aren't aware of this.  And too many of their MUAs.

I just hit reply in my email program and it decides whether it wants to use
| or > at the start of the reply lines. I've seen both over the years. It
doesn't matter to me what is used. I recognize both as marking quoted text.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | "Nerds make the shiny things that
                                     | distract the mouth-breathers, and
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          | that's why we're powerful"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick