[GTALUG] Google is ruled a monopoly so Firefox is at serious risk

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Aug 14 21:18:55 EDT 2024

oh..do. not. get. me. started on amazon Canada.
currently amazon Canada his their site coded so that a person using
keyboard only  processes cannot refuse joining amazon prime.
I wish I were joking.
simple example, I still have said tp-links and other items in my cart, I
choose proceed to check out, and confirm my payment method.
I am then automatically taken to a page telling me how much I really
truly  sincerely ought to  try prime.
There is a link alt-tagged as continue without the amazon prime benefits.
However, according to the status bar the link ends in display.html..hiting
entre on this link takes you in a circle.
The only form submit button? requires you to join prime, and one cannot
continue past the page.
I do agree about google searches though, they are getting far less
accurate,  with my fear that they employ AI soon, making matters worse.
Cheers,
Kare