[GTALUG] Google is ruled a monopoly so Firefox is at serious risk

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 13 13:16:03 EDT 2024

[top-posting for Karen]

Our policy has been: no attachments.
But links are fine.

"force users to have default access to Google's search engine only." is
too strong a phrase.  More like "makes google the default search engine.
A user can easily override that default for any individual search or for
all future searches.  But defaults are powerful.

Non-profits can do business: they can go beyond donations.  They must not
make much net profit over the longer term.  For example, I spend a lot of
money buying parking from hospital foundations.