[GTALUG] Rspberry Pi Pico 2 announced

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 9 23:26:21 EDT 2024

On Fri, Aug 09, 2024 at 05:12:19PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> <https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspberry-pi-pico-2-our-new-5-microcontroller-board-on-sale-now/>
>
> Spoiler: it won't run Linux.

Yeah definitely a micro controller.

> It has a few upgrades from the original Pico:
>
> - twice the RAM
>
> - twice the flash memory
>
> - a little higher clock rate
>
> - a little more powerful processor (ARM Cortex M33)

With FPU and DSP that the old ARM core didn't have.  Apparently the
synthesizer emulator people are quite excited.

> - instead of ARM, it can be a RISC-V processor, but not both at the same
>   time.

Actually the article I saw seemed to suggest that in theory you could
turn on one of each core, although they were not quite sure why anyone
would want to do that.

--
Len Sorensen