[GTALUG] simple plug & play ethernet splitters?

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:14:37 EDT 2024

On Thu, 8 Aug 2024 at 10:06, o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Found that I just needed more ports so moved to a 16 port. Then I had to upgrade that
> when I got a faster service from my ISP so I went to a 24 port gigabit capable switch.

You know you can cascade switches instead of entirely replacing them
with ones with more capacity? (There's a limit to how many can be put
in series but that's rarely an issue in a home environment.) Plus, a
possible advantage is that they can be distributed in various
advantageous locations.

I'd start with an 8 port gigabit switch and another and another as the
need arises.

--
Scott