[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Nov 30 14:51:43 EST 2023

Hi Evan,
A small correction.
the shift has not gone from platform to content at all.
That is because one must use the platform, and the tools connecting with
that platform to reach existing content...and there is tons of it.
The ability to say turn on and off audio description via cable boxes, or
for the content to be presented via  Fibe is a provider problem, bell,
Rogers, Tellus etc.
The cRTc has not done enough to enforce, which is, in part, why there is
an accessible Canada act now.
Nothing has to be extracted, audio description is incorporated in to the
content fully, but the tool used for presentation  must allow that content
to be experienced.
I could explain this  using say cineplex as an example compared to say
tiff bell  lightbox, if not too much of a tangent?
Actually can use  streaming as an example too?
Kare