[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:15:10 EST 2023

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 12:59, Evan Leibovitch via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Such a solution (as an alternative to coaxial) requires a triple-RCA AV cable with yellow, red and white RCA connectors on each end.

However, the Mediasonic tuner includes the required cable and Karen's
TV supports it. It might be easier to set the TV signal source to the
proper video input than making sure it's set to channel 3 or 4 to
match the tuner setting.

The remote for the TV has the source select button at the top left
corner. You just have to press this button followed by the "1" button,
which is directly below, to select video in 1.

> I've used this. Video quality is inferior to using coax

It should be better than coax, since it doesn't have to have the RF
carrier removed.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00032169

>From that article (referring to composite video): "It provides better
picture quality than RF".