[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 30 12:41:48 EST 2023

> The connection from the ATSC box from Karen's TV can be done either by
> coaxial cable (and both devices will need to agree on Channel 3 or 4 using
> physical switches) or by an RCA-to-RCA video cable.

Clarification. The RCA-to-RCA solution works but it's more than just a
video cable. That signal is ONLY the video.
Such a solution (as an alternative to coaxial) requires a triple-RCA AV
cable with yellow, red and white RCA connectors on each end.

I've used this. Video quality is inferior to using coax, but that's not an
issue here.

- Evan