[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 30 10:18:12 EST 2023

There are some very extensive video courses available, starting with this
single six-hour video on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbUDq4S6Y8
Just searching for "Linux masterclass" there will reveal multiple playlists
of videos from which you can choose what suits you best.

As for certification... that all depends on the job market.
When there are more people than jobs, a certification raise your profile
among many applicants and some positions require one.
However when the jobs available exceed the qualified candidates, the
expense may not be required.

The best things certifications can demonstrate is showing what you need to
know. Looking at certification exam objectives can be beneficial even if
you never take the exams.

- Evan

(PS: Please change the subject of this email thread)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 9:41 AM Adel Yahaya via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Good day to everyone,
>
> Quick question I just love Linux bt been at it for awhile kind of on and
> off thing for me will you recommend I get a class for something say system
> admin? Or should just use google etc to gain the knowledge and seat for
> certification? I will appreciate diverse view thanks in advance.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 29, 2023, at 9:52 PM, Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 09:29:25PM -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> >> well, shaped the same is not an issue really for me, speaking
> personally.
> >> for me it is having the button actually do something other than put me
> in a
> >> menu with choices the button does not impact.
> >> One can mark creatively, if large enough, and my memory is
> understandably
> >> quite  good.
> >> Scott's mediasonics box suggestion is sitting in my cart..providing the
> >> manual was a deal maker.
> >
> > Oh yes on screen menus with cursors would be useless.
> >
> > --
> > Len Sorensen
> > ---
> Unsubscribe from this mailing list