[GTALUG] ot: sort of, is it really impossible to get real cable anymore?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Nov 29 00:22:22 EST 2023

Hi,
If I could get the digital box, without having to use a modem, I would
likely  be fine, because the digital box would tap into the existing
blanket internet  wireless wise would it not?
In fact that was my landlord's idea adding an extra receiver to his
account, for which I would pay the rental, as it is just on another floor.
I am curious how the antenna idea works, I am above ground for the area
where   my television sits, so perhaps?  what do I need?
Oh  boy does my television have optical outs..in spades
The DVD player  has an HDMI port, I imagined connecting the cable box to
this, and since the set is connected to the  player it would be enough.
I still have my old Roger's  digital cable box, the one they provided for
older televisions as well.
wish I had fewer trees, not only is satellite less complex, from bell there
are   channels automatically provided with audio description for the blind
enabled..they do not provide this for Fibe.
Kare