[GTALUG] OLD Thinkpads, free

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 10:56:57 EDT 2023

2 x T60, 1 x T42

I have somewhat involuntarily acquired these three exceptionally old
Thinkpads.  None of them are fully operational although all do
something resembling booting.  None have HDs, and they have other
minor ailments as well.  No power supplies.  My inclination is to rip
them apart (I collect old CPUs), but if someone has an actual use for
them, we can talk ...  You would probably have to come to North York
to collect them: I nearly broke my back carrying all three home in my
backpack on the TTC.  They are not light.

These should be considered for parts: they sorta-maybe run, but when I
give up on installing Linux on them, you can rest assured they're
either badly underpowered or problematic or both.

I only ask because I know a lot of people on this list (myself
included) really like Thinkpads.  If no answer in a week, I'll gut
them (and that's fine too).

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/