[GTALUG] computer hardware testing tools.

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 15:30:02 EDT 2023

On Tue, 18 Jul 2023 at 15:11, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> You might be able to tell if you have breakers or fuses by how loudly the
> landlord swears. Resetting a breaker is easy: just flip the switch back.
> Replacing a fuse is worse because you have to have a spare fuse and buy
> some more when you run low.

You can get breakers shaped like a fuse, with a reset button in the
middle, to replace actual fuses. This could reduce the swearing if
it's a fuse box. I don't  know if the electrical code actually allows
these things but it may.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/leviton-mini-push-button-fuse-breaker-120v-assorted-amp-capacities-0523589p.0523589.html

--
Scott