[GTALUG] computer hardware testing tools.

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu Jul 13 17:34:11 EDT 2023

On 2023-07-13 17:14, William Park via talk wrote:
> However, you can't easily test serial, parallel, USB, network, and
> other I/Os, because you can't easily control both side of connection.

Actually, when I was a technician for CN Telecommunications, back in the
70s, we had test sets for doing that with serial connections. Of course,
these would be connecting different locations, sometimes across the
country, not within an office.  Later on, there were Bit Error Rate
Testers (BERT), for high speed connections.