[GTALUG] computer hardware testing tools.

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:45:48 EDT 2023

If you live in an older house, older than a house built in the 1970s, then
you probably have fuses and not breakers. Older houses could have the
service panel upgraded to breakers, say from 100 amp to 200 amps. There is
a chance that someone could remove a fuse and not replace it immediately.
There are also blended cases where a panel can have fuses and some
breakers. A person that is not careful could touch the wrong place and
receive a nasty shock. I would not recommend you mess with your electrical
panel unless you are sure it is completely safe all the time.