[GTALUG] speaking of Ipod data recovery.

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Sep 22 23:38:31 EDT 2022

..okay perhaps we were not speaking of it yet, but why not start? smiles.
Seriously, here is the situation.
While I did indeed manage to properly charge this iPod, my visit to
Irepair.ca, location around the corner on college, in a building I never
plan to entre again..certainly not in heels, shared the following.
while the IPod could be fixed, it would cost $175 which is about what I
paid for it new.
While the IPod data could be recovered, it would cost $60, given the hours
and hours and hours of music I have not even heard yet, likely worth it.
But, there might be a better way.  I asked said Irepair.ca to send an
email detailing the process, never hearing from them again.
So, am opening up the question to the  more technically imaginative.
is there a reasonable way to transfer IPod data from  an  unhappy IPod?
Thanks,
Kare