[GTALUG] Data archaeology: archive KDE distortion from 2004ish

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:04:26 EDT 2022

A friend has a data problem. Her father used to use Linux, and left copious art notes in pictures stored in DigiKam, KDE’s photo management tool. This was in 2004 or so.

Now my friend is trying to recover the notes. Current DigiKam won’t read the database. Given her very-tech background, we can assume she’s tried everything reasonable with modern software. I’m wondering: is there a LiveCD from around 2004 that used KDE that might have a ready-to-go matching version of DigiKam? I’ve never been a KDE user, but maybe trying an old OS in a VM might be a way to go.

Any suggestions for which ancient distro and where it might still live gratefully received.

thanks
 Stewart