[GTALUG] tpl Linux training?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Sep 1 09:38:27 EDT 2022

| From: Evan Leibovitch via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| These courses are almost all command line.

Wow.  That certainly would make Linux unattractive to most ordinary
people.  Both computer beginners and ordinary users of Windows or MacOS.

| That's how, for the most part, what's taught is generally
| distribution-neutral.
| Most of what differentiates the distributions is in graphic interface and
| software provision/update policy, which is more advanced that this level of
| course gets.

Being distribution-neutral is a great feature but I'm not sure that it is
worth the trauma to ordinary users.

I guess that the target of the courses must not include ordinary users.
What is the target audience?

Perhaps TPL needs a different course "Intro to Linux" for ordinary users.
First thing: why should ordinary users care.