[GTALUG] Firefox "kinetic" scrolling

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Oct 28 23:07:32 EDT 2022

In Firefox, when you scroll with a touchpad, Firefox acts as if the
document has momentum and continues scrolling when you take your fingers
off the touchpad.

This works particularly poorly on my Logo Yoga 2 Prow notebook because
when I remove my fingers from scrolling on the touchpad there is some
kind of jerky signal sent.  As a result, considerable momentum is
supplied.

After too much research, I found
<https://kparal.wordpress.com/2019/10/31/disabling-kinetic-scrolling-in-firefox/>
(Kinetic seems an odd word to use for this behaviour.)

Solution:
about:config
set apz.gtk.kinetic_scroll.enabled to false.

I guess I could report a problem to the libinput folks.  But others have
done so, more or less.  An nine year old computer model doesn't get much
attention.