[GTALUG] OK notebook at a good price: $300, refurb / open box

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:30:15 EDT 2022

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 at 21:10, Stewart C. Russell via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Currently only listed with Canadian French keyboards

It actually says "French Bilingual" keyboard, which is likely the
Canadian English/French bilingual layout. If it is, I consider this a
bonus. I have these on my desktop and most used laptop. With Ubuntu
Linux it defaults to English, with all key symbols matching a standard
US English keyboard and you can touch-type as such.

By simply pressing "Windows Key"+Space, it switches to French mode,
with the additional or alternative key symbols activated, giving easy
access to this whole range of symbols using the "Alt Gr" key. You
could touch-type if familiar with the Canadian French layout.

Another press of "Windows Key"+Space toggles back to English layout.
The current selection is shown on the status bar and can be selected
from there as an alternative.

https://superuser.com/questions/1308515/what-is-the-bilingual-canadian-keyboard-layout-pictured-and-how-do-i-use-it

--
Scott