[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Mon Oct 10 22:32:24 EDT 2022

On 2022-10-10 22:04, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> As I shared in one post, normally I do  not do zoom meetings using
> zoom software and a computer at all.
> this setting though requires both.
> so, its either a headset, or a stand alone microphone, which given
> that indeed would need a converter would be more costly.

I use video chat frequently and rely on the microphone in the video
camera, which sits on top of my monitor and don't use headphones at
all.  However, I do have a Logitech headset with mike, which also works
well.  I use that on the rare occasion when I'm doing a video chat with
my ThinkPad.  I have used Zoom, Jitsi, Skype, Meets and Teams.  No
problem with any of them.  Many people use separate microphones too.

As mentioned by me and others, USB connections are digital and you
simply don't worry about things like impedance with them.