[GTALUG] wired headset suggestions?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Oct 10 21:07:35 EDT 2022

On Mon, 10 Oct 2022, Scott Allen wrote:
> Then you'd better have confirmation of the speaker impedance and
> sensitivity requirements of the amplifier feeding the 3.5mm phone jack
> in your Macbook. Do you have that information? Absolute Impedance and
> sensitivity values mean nothing unless you know what values the
> amplifier in the Macbook will accept and works best with.
> Generalised value recommendations are only guidelines.

Yes.
granted, its one reason why I am seeking a headset.
Without warning I had to use the system microphone, not hearing myself, on
top of adjusting the  incoming audio for each speaker.  it was profoundly
disconcerting, something I do not wish to repeat.
My standard zoom calls do not involve zoom, or a computer at all..best
case my  landline Which i do not have access at the moment.
or my old lg flip phone, which those running this meeting  do not allow.

> With a USB headset, you can be assured that the impedance and
> sensitivity of the speakers are correct for its built in amplifier,
> which is why there's no need to publish them.
However, this is not about the machine.  This is bout how the fluctuating
neural pattern of my brain can safely manage frequencies, with that
function  constantly in flux.
I have zero experience exploring that with a USB headset, and absolutely
do not   want to trigger  a episode.
Mercy I was using zoom for a hearing once and the various combination of
sound input caused this..  I was dizzy for days.
Not worth experimenting speaking personally, when I can stick with what
works.
Towards that end, let me ask the entire question differently.
Older model wired Jvc headphones, or even sony, with a mic?
No bluetooth,   just the sort before wireless became the rave.
will even make an ebay buy just to get something workable for the few
times this will be needed.
..And people wonder why I sometimes feel this body is a great deal of
trouble laughs.
Kare