[GTALUG] Sane Email System?

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at bell.net
Sat Mar 5 15:13:42 EST 2022

Peter King via talk <talk at gtalug.org> writes:

Hello,

> Hello
> I've just been informed that "legacy authentication" is going to be
> disabled at the University of Toronto for my email account.  Well, I
> suspected something like this was in the works when they adopted MS Outlook
> 365+ as the mail server, but it still isn't welcome.

I got the same surprise, but from Google. However, it looks like native Oauth2
support in fetchamail[1] is almost complete[1]. Here are some in some instructions
for using Oauth2 with fetchmail and postfix:

    http://mmogilvi.users.sourceforge.net/software/oauthbearer.html

Charles

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/42552