[GTALUG] ot: perhaps, headphones?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Jan 13 16:25:26 EST 2022

Hi there,
Fine and interesting list.
To be sure, the idea of noise cancellation, or any variation's is a no, not
just because of the  sense of position, but because I have something
talking in my ears when I use them in this particular setting..no phone
ringing, door bells, or the all important music  playing  in the
background.
As I have been a radio producer, and professional singer for many many
years, over the ear headphones are the most comfortable, speaking
personally.
I  truly dislike earbuds, they tend not to stay in my ears, to put
pressure on my ear canal etc...and the buttons are a no, mic interferes
with  the machine.
The most important thing, for this particular set of headphones though is
A combination of frequency range, sensitivity, impedance, and driver
units...oh and input power.
a few settings in the wrong direction, and the headphones will make me
dizzy..literary.
And those numbers can be device specific, what I will use for my reading
edge, differs for what I use for production, or music listening, or
whatever.
It is part of why once found I may buy more than one pair.
Cannot fault you for using the same ones  since the 80's. Had a set once I
got from radio shack that I used for  more than a decade as well.
Goodness but I miss radio shack.
Kare