[GTALUG] ot: perhaps, headphones?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 12 18:37:11 EST 2022

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 08:34:39PM -0500, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> Hi folks,
> or more specifically, a local store site where I can  shop by details?
> Granted, some of this is tied to poor website design and accessibility.
> but I need to filter out what I do not need to reach what I do need,
> Regular wired headphones with a set of technical specifications.
> not bluetooth, not noise canceling,  no microphone etc.
> Honestly, to avoid this issue I have been finding the same pair of JVC ones
> which, because they are well built, last a couple of years or more, smiles.
> To clear out the obvious best buy's site is   no longer a possibility filter
> wise,  and I cannot even get past the "are you human" thing at Walmart.ca,
> which has no way to answer it inclusively.
> Hoping to visit a place to pick up, rather than have to get them
> delivered..my office remains closed.
> Any ideas, even if only to narrow down  specifics I can then ask about
> elsewhere?

I was going to suggest checking canada computers, but their filters are
awful too.  Can only filter by store, brand and price.  Not very helpful.

They certainly have a number of plain wired headphones but finding
them could certainly be easier.  Specifications for some are at least
pretty detailed.

--
Len Sorensen