[GTALUG] More pointless battles [was: I'm discarding an old notebook!]

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:56:42 EST 2022

On Thu., Feb. 17, 2022, 10:29 D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk, <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> I would like to think that they are drawing down inventory for a Pi Day
> announcement.  That seems to be an unlikely reason when so many models are
> OOS.

No, it's not that (and believe me, as an AR, I have to be very careful what
I say). Such is the demand for 2-8 GB Raspberry Pi's, they sell out in
minutes when any supplier gets stock.

There's a whole QAnon-like thing around the mythical Raspberry Pi 5. I've
heard people claim that the worldwide chip shortage has somehow been
engineered by Raspberry Pi Trading so we'll all be forced to buy the
Raspberry Pi 5 when it comes out. I wish I were making this up ...

Stewart