[GTALUG] I'm discarding an old notebook!

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Feb 13 16:32:04 EST 2022

| From: Don Tai via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Correction, no I don't have an Asus Eee PC running.It is broken, but a Dell
| inspiron 1011, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz

The Inspiron 1011 seems to also have been called the Inspiron Mini
10v.  It was probably introduced in 2008 (since that's when its CPU
was introduced), not 2002.

I assume that you didn't get the Nickelodeon Slime Edition of this
netbook.  That would be interesting.

In 2010, I remotely bought my son a Inspiron Mini 10 - 1012 (he was
studying in Texas).  It had a 1366x768 pixel display!  It also had a
Crystal HD Broadcom Media Accelerator, which turned out to be a bit of a
bust.  But the real failing was that it overheated a lot.