[GTALUG] tpl Linux training?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Aug 31 02:16:29 EDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 5:18 PM Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On 2022-08-30 14:40, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> > Do these classes teach about the command line aspect of Linux?
>
> IIRC, when I went through a Linux course from Cisco it did cover command
> line. I don't recall it covering much, if anything, on the GUI side. It
> has
> been several years since I did the course so my memory may be faulty.

No, your memory is fine (at least this time).

These courses are almost all command line.
That's how, for the most part, what's taught is generally
distribution-neutral.
Most of what differentiates the distributions is in graphic interface and
software provision/update policy, which is more advanced that this level of
course gets.

- Evan