[GTALUG] tpl Linux training?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Aug 30 12:59:50 EDT 2022

Hi Karen.

TPL has taken its courses from the Cisco Networking Academy, and has to
date offered two courses:

   - Linux Unhatched
   <https://www.netacad.com/courses/os-it/ndg-linux-unhatched>, a very
   basic eight-hour course
   - Linux Essentials
   <https://www.netacad.com/courses/os-it/ndg-linux-essentials>, a 70-hour
   program based on the LPI certificate program of the same name. Those who
   complete the TPL Linux Essentials receive a substantial discount
should the student
   choose to take the LPI certificate exam upon completion

Both courses are distribution-neutral. The library has been offering them
online during the pandemic; but plans to start offering them again
face-to-face soon.

Disclaimer: I work for LPI and have been helping TPL with their Linux
programs, providing an AMA session near the end of every course.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56