[GTALUG] scanner under Windows under Linux?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 2 10:28:02 EDT 2022

This message is also a test of the list.

CZUR makes interesting page scanners: <https://shop.czur.com/>
We actually have a couple.

Until recently, all of their scanners' software only runs under Windows.
The latest one has support for Linux but is very expensive.

Can I easily run Window under Linux in a way that would drive these
scanners?  I think that the Windows system would need control of the USB
port to which the scanner is connected.

I seem to remember that long ago Sun/Oracle Virtual Box was the only
VM that gave decent USB access to a virtual Windows.  I don't know the
state of the art now.

Answering some of my questions (but not USB):
<https://www.windowscentral.com/how-setup-windows-10-virtual-machine-linux>
<https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-windows-10-in-a-vm-on-a-linux-machine/>