[GTALUG] Ethernet alias triggering network security warnings

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Apr 27 22:34:52 EDT 2022

On 2022-04-27 10:26 p.m., Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> Does anyone on this list know anything about that security program or
> why the person setting up the embedded systems would be seeing the
> duplicate IP warnings?

I have no idea about that security app, but I bet it's seeing both your
native and VLAN frames.  A VLAN will have the same MAC address as the
native.  Your choices would be to see if you can block that VLAN from
reaching that computer, possibly with a managed switch, or maybe there's
some option within that app to ignore a specific MAC.