[GTALUG] Google Gsuite Legacy domain replacement

Andrew Heagle andrew at logaan.com
Wed Apr 13 13:40:08 EDT 2022

Hello,

I have one of those Google gsuite legacy domains that I use for
personal use/family. I signed up in 2009. I figured that at some point I'd
have to start paying for it and the time has come. But the pricing they are
asking for is a bit high for use. $7.80 (Plus tax I assume) per user per
month, or $420/yr. This is a bit pricey for a family of 4, 2 of which are
kids and don't really even use it much, just a vanity thing. I thought they
might ask around $10/mth for the domain for 5 users or something like that
for personal/family with business apps removed, etc.. but no.

So anyway, I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and what
plans you have? Or does anyone have recommendations for other services?
Mostly just interested in email and calendar which can also use my own
domain name.

Andrew