[GTALUG] Vaccination Receipts on Linux

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 12:32:48 EDT 2021

On 2021-09-17 4:24 p.m., James Knott via talk wrote:

> I just downloaded the receipts.  They have a watermark and are also
> digitally signed, whereas the mailed ones have neither.

I downloaded mine a little after you did. Mine aren't signed,
watermarked or encrypted. Slightly hilariously, it looks like they were
supposed to be signed, but they contain the node-signpdf package's
default X.509 P12 address:

    /ContactInfo (emailfromp1289 at gmail.com)

I wouldn't say it's trivial (except in the pure mathematics sense) to
modify one of these receipts and falsify the information, but the tools
to do so are in every Linux distro.

 Stewart