[GTALUG] Vaccination Receipts on Linux

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Sep 17 15:20:58 EDT 2021

The Ontario Governement emailed us Vaccination Receipts shortly after we
were vaccinated.

As of Sept 22, we will need to show them some places if we want access.

When I go back to that email, I find that it is defective.  You cannot
read the PDF from my MUA (Alpine on Linux), and I suspect that this is
true for any Linux or UNIX MUA.  Perhaps also for Apple MUAs.

The reason is that the PDF is sent as an attachment, with the wrong type
specified in the attachment's headers:

On POSIX systems, attachments with Content-Type "text", have CR LF
sequences replaced by NL.

I was able to make it work by manually editing my mailbox, changing the
Content-Type header to: