[GTALUG] Do people have opinions about the Framework modular laptop

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:40:05 EDT 2021

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 07:57, Dave Collier-Brown via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 2021-10-18 16:12, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
>
> > I would certainly also like to see an AMD option.
> >
> > Although for me the main issue is that a 13.5" laptop has zero interest
> > to me.  Too small.  Come with a 15" or 17" and I will be interested.
>
> My wife has a 15" Mac laptop, and never takes it on trips because it's
> so big.
>
> I have a 14" thinkpad and a tiny netbook, and the thinkpad is just a
> little large for my backpack. 13.5" sounds about right.  At home and in
> the office I have docking stations hooked to quite large screens, so the
> laptop screen usually only displays my email (;-))
>
> ---dave

If I'm at home, the laptop will be connected to an external screen -
so I don't care about screen size.  If I'm travelling ... anything
over 14" is murder on my back when I'm carrying it, so I'll just deal
with the small screen size.  I like a big screen, but for a laptop,
size (or more correctly, "weight") is the constraining factor.

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com