[GTALUG] Swapping ThinkPad drive

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Nov 24 12:59:07 EST 2021

On 2021-11-24 12:49 p.m., Daniel Villarreal wrote:
> I've not done that, but first I'd recommend doing a backup/clone to
> the new drive with the old setup.

As I mentioned I will be copying from one drive to the other, as I have
done before.  The question is regarding any issues with switching to
UEFI.  I'll also be enlarging some of the partitions too.  The Linux
partitions are easy, just use cp -a to copy the contents, though I may
use dd for the boot partition.  I'll probably also use dd for the
Windows partition and then resize it.  Or I could just dd all partitions
and then resize/move as needed.

Regardless, the original drive will not be changed in the process, so no
risk there.