[GTALUG] UPS brand recommendations?

Scott Sullivan scott at revident.net
Mon Nov 8 11:21:07 EST 2021

The UPS was deliberately tripped while I was flipping breakers. But it locked up with a vague F04 error, which is some internal circuit fault. The internet 'wisdom' on resetting UPS has not resolved the fault. The unit is 5 years old and out of warranty. This could just be old age... but I've got seperate evidence of a wiring fault on that and the adjacent circuit. So I'm getting an electrician in.

I've never been thrilled with the proprietary 10p4c ended usb cable APC insists on. But otherwise have been happy enough. Just in the market again, curious if it had changed in any meaningful ways.

On November 8, 2021 10:29:06 a.m. EST, Ansar Mohammed via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>APC generally.
>Are you considering just changing the battery?
>
>On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 10:28 AM Scott Sullivan via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
>wrote:
>
>> For the first time in half a decade, I find myself needing a new UPS. My
>> 1500VA APC UPS gave up the ghost this weekend.
>>
>> What brands are folks favoring theses days?
>> --
>> Scott Sullivan
>> ---

Scott Sullivan