[GTALUG] UPS brand recommendations?

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Mon Nov 8 10:53:56 EST 2021

On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 10:38:00AM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> Folks have recommended replacing the gel-cell batteries.
>
> Where is a good source for these batteries?  I prefer online.

I've had rapid service from both https://www.canadianbatteries.com/ and
https://www.upsbatterycenter.ca/ for two APC UPSs and one Triplite UPS.  If
I recall correctly, I may not have received a new caddy and had to
disassemble and reuse the old one, but that might have been something else.

I can't remember which came from where.  In both cases my orders arrived
promptly and well packaged.  I haven't had the new batteries long enough
(soon 1 year) to say anything about longevity other than that they are
working fine so far.

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org