[GTALUG] Command doesn't work in script but works on command line?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:57:37 EST 2021

On 2021-11-07 04:54, Jim Ruxton via talk wrote:
> ... Clicking on the script works. I still find it
> strange however that this is not the case if I run the script on the
> command line. It runs regardless.

This may be very out of date information, but I remember being surprised
that a whole lot of Linux sound stuff depended on the X11 DISPLAY
variable being set. Maybe it's not set for you on the command line?

  Stewart

(talking of Linux sound, have folks seen Orca —
https://hundredrabbits.itch.io/orca ? No, not the screen reader, but
Orca "... an esoteric programming language, designed to create
procedural sequencers in which each letter of the alphabet is an
operation, where lowercase letters operate on bang, uppercase letters
operate each frame." It's been described as nethack crossbred with a
spreadsheet for making EDM.